Civil War pocket knife?

Bought this knife in an antique store. Tag said Civil War pocket knife but I'm not so sure. My research on the internet shows that maybe this is late 1800s, but images that came up while searching Civil War knives pictures show nothing like this. He wanted 50 bucks, paid 28. Either way it's a nice old knife. If you cannot read it in the photo the Makers Mark on the blade says Newark Walden Knife Company. Thanks for any input.

post-163304-0-16630600-1497959237_thumb.jpg

No input other than I like that knife. I'll grab any old wood handle knife that's reasonably priced. Interestingly shaped blade on yours. Were you able to get any info on when that maker was around - I'll have to take a look. If someone here has a pocket knife known to be civil war vintage I'd love to see it. Was there a issue knife for Civil War soldiers?

skypilot6670

You should also post this in edged weapons.I'am betting someone will have a copy of "Goins Encyclopedia of Cutlery Marks" and be able to tell you if the maker was in business during the civil war. The knife looks right. The size of the choil or kick and bolsters and liners will all help in dating period of manufacture , "Levines Book on knifes will help. If you like old knifes those two books would be a good place to start. I have sold my knifes and books so unfortunately I can't look it up. Good luck and happy hunting. Mike