Deltra Force woodland no have Airborne Badge

capt.maddog

Could be a variety of reasons. I'd check the inside stitching on the SSI to see if the wear matches the wear on the nametapes (SSI looks fresh). Or you can check the inside of the jacket to see if there is a ghost of a badge that has been removed

Mercenary25

Just because BDU has SOCOM SSI, it doesn't mean the soldier is in Delta Force....

And the 1st SOC combat patch looks like added recently. Take pics of inside jacket, for stitching on all patches.

That's a USASOC SSI. SFOD-D does wear the USASOC SSI but so do a lot of non-airborne personnel assigned to USASOC headquarters.

Also, 112th Signal Battalion and 528th Special Operations Support battalion are both part of USASOC and wear the maroon beret and USASOC SSI even though most of their personnel are not airborne qualified.

That's a USASOC SSI. SFOD-D does wear the USASOC SSI but so do a lot of non-airborne personnel assigned to USASOC headquarters.

Also, 112th Signal Battalion and 528th Special Operations Support battalion are both part of USASOC and wear the maroon beret and USASOC SSI even though most of their personnel are not airborne qualified.

Also, if that was an Operators coat, even if it didn't have skill badges it more than likely would have a Ranger and/or SF tab, right? I think the fact that it lacks those is more telling than missing skill badges.

Also, if that was an Operators coat, even if it didn't have skill badges it more than likely would have a Ranger and/or SF tab, right?  I think the fact that it lacks those is more telling than missing skill badges.

Not necessarily. I wasn't anywhere close to SFOD-D but even in the "regular" SF units we had a requirement to maintain at least two "sterile" uniforms that only had the minimum insignia required by reg: U.S. Army tape, name tape and left sleeve SSI. So it could be an operators sterile uniform .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capt.maddog

Could be a variety of reasons. I'd check the inside stitching on the SSI to see if the wear matches the wear on the nametapes (SSI looks fresh). Or you can check the inside of the jacket to see if there is a ghost of a badge that has been removed

post-86610-0-52647000-1498382426_thumb.jpg

The "Spear head" shaped patch with the dagger, "Sorry, not an Army Guy"), has been freshly added since the last time this uniform was laundered. I've seen patches on uniforms for many years, mine and others, and can see that this was an add on that never went through a laundry nor was pressed. Professionally, one of the first things done with newly applied patches is that they are pressed. This shrinks both the ostch and the thread attaching the patch to "Seal" them and get it tight. And, again, there are many, MANY, support people assigned to SpecOps units that are NOT operators, but wear the unit insignia.