MAAM's 2017 WWII Weekend in Reading, PA

Waltz41

Waltz41: Thanks for these fine photos! I'm looking forward to getting out to Reading for that show. Was the P-61 out for display? Kinda wondering how far along it is now. Of course......I could just get off my duff and go to the MAAM website, which I'll do right after posting this.

"There are actually 2 B-29s flying now, Fifi (this one) and Doc, recently restored and flying, based out of the Northwest I believe."

Unless things have changed, "Doc" is based out of Wichita, KS....the former McConnell AFB I believe.

Thanks. You know what, you are right......I knew it begain with a W where she was....not sure why I thought Washington !!!

The P-61 has both engines hung, honestly a lot of work was done but she looked the same as last year. I still think it's 5 years or so away from flight. I didn't take any pics of this year, but I'll find one from last year, give you guys an idea of it.

Great photos Brian. I have a soft spot for the KingCobra. I grew up near an airport where a bright red KingCobra racer was based and saw it fly often.

The CAF Mustang always drives me a bit crazy with it's hodgepodge markings. Wish they'd get them right, but I suppose she's been painted that way so long that folks expect it that way :)

I know. I just don't get it when the markings are pretend.....there's a few P-51s like that out there. But hey, I guess when you have millions and own one, you can do what ever you want!!