USMC Mosquito Hat Net - Post WWII Produced?

pump 150

I posted the following in an established thread about six months ago, however decided to make a stand alone here as well in order to see if anyone has any additional info now or in the future that might help to explain -

There is no doubt these were produced and used during WWII, and that they were produced in varying types throughout production. Their use can also be documented as shown here on a rather large scale up through Vietnam, after the standard Frogskin helmet cover was replaced by the Leaf (Mitchell). A few examples have been seen for sale in the past marked unlike how most of these are generally encountered by collectors. My question is could these also have been produced post World War II (as many believe the OD version was) by how these examples are found packaged?

These photos are from two different sources, one an ebay auction a few years ago and the other from a surplus site that was selling them. What is interesting is that while the Mosquito Nets are almost always found loose by collectors, these were packaged in what would appear to be factory folded condition sealed in plastic. They also include a paper tag with the proper name and a Federal Stock Number.

It's my understanding that the FSN was used from approx. 1955-1974, which if these are truly produced from that period (Vietnam) would change how they are viewed by collectors on which types were produced when. I have never seen any documents confirming them made post WWII, anyone else here?

It would be easy to think that once the FSN was instituted the surplus Mosquito Net was given a specific FSN and repackaged for issue which would make sense here and could very well be the case. Has anyone had experience with other WWII items repackaged like this after WWII?

If the Mosquito Net was repackaged for issue in this manner then why were unissued WWII surplus USMC HBT helmet covers not occasionally found marked this way also in the past?

From the photos they would appear to look like they were made and packaged direct from a factory initially in this configuration. To date they all look to be the so called "Type C" with the solid bright green foliage band and well defined pattern, by far the most commonly found type seen today. Just some thoughts, any info or comments are most welcome.

ebay sale from years ago -

post-98601-0-97492400-1497642458_thumb.jpg

post-98601-0-64834100-1497642482_thumb.jpg

Surplus store, opened with same tag -

post-98601-0-35606500-1497642527.jpg

Shown here to also spur conversation on the matter is the only other tie that I know of concerning USMC "Frogskin" covers to the Federal Stock Number system. Very rare encountered examples of an HBT Frogskin helmet cover with FSN contract dated to 1964 (the FSN is the same number as Leaf) -

post-98601-0-87841900-1497644034_thumb.jpg

post-98601-0-59559200-1497644045_thumb.jpg

post-98601-0-70837200-1497644063_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...
Cap Camouflage Pattern I
On 6/16/2017 at 3:08 PM, pump 150 said:

It would be easy to think that once the FSN was instituted the surplus Mosquito Net was given a specific FSN and repackaged for issue which would make sense here and could very well be the case. Has anyone had experience with other WWII items repackaged like this after WWII?

In this thread there is a sling with a tag in the package which says October 1965, yet it has another tag with a National Stock Number, which was only introduced in 1973. 

Thanks Cap, it appears there was some confusion in that thread of possibly a still in production sling for current issue items unless I'm reading it wrong.  Here's an OD example of the same net.  So when was this produced, and does anyone have photos of this type being worn in field use as  net or helmet cover during any period?

637870766_ODNET.JPG.b214a8549becf31f7fa1e8e6a7a09e7c.JPG

As Garandy mentioned in his thread, the bright green one piece solid foliage band type Frogskin nets are still somewhat common and rather cheap for a WWII only produced specific USMC issued item compared to the helmet covers.  Any thoughts?