Late ww2 USN Nylon Flying Suit with rigger knife pocket

jerry_k

Hello Guys.

Some day ago I picked up nice ww2 late war USN flying suit with leather tag and rigger made knife pocket, it is from typical grey/blue have material...

Im very lucky to have this suit in my collection, this is suit is easy to find on Ebay but leather tag and rigger knife pocket is very rare variation:)

Also I found m1936 pistol belt with typical white belt loops for .38 ammo....

Thanks for looking,

Jerry K.

post-369-1224678837.jpg

Jerry,

Outstanding items. The suit belonged to a Marine Corps Pilot (U.S.M.C.R. = United States Marine Corps Reserve). Do you have a Mark 2 knife in your collection? Just wondering if it would fit on the knife pocket. I think Marine Corps pilots either preferred, or may have been issued Mark 2's (see photos). Now you need a USN Victory Model revolver to go in that holster. Congrats!!! thumbsup.gif

post-70-1224959135.jpg

post-70-1224959164.jpg

Charlie Flick

Jerry:

Great stuff, as usual, from your collection. I especially like the pilot pic with the modified pistol belt. Haven't I seen that one somewhere else? thumbsup.gif

I agree with Gunbarrel. A 7 inch Mark 2 KaBar style fighting knife might just fit that knife sheath beautifully.

GB, very nice Marine Aviator pics. Do you know the squadron?

Regards,

Charlie Flick

Again any enthusiasts of USN aviation stuff from ww2:(((

Jerry,

When I switched over from TR to WWII US I was fortunate to acquire a very large amount of material directly from the Vets or their families. As a result, I have collected the entire span of US militaria. However, it has been the aviation arena that has really sparked a flame. I had a entire room dedicated to Naval Aviation, but since moving (I'm in the moving in process as we speak), this has to share with the Marine room and the general aviation room. I have some very interesting material, virually all named, so if there are any questions, do not hesi-tate to ask.

Regards, Jack

Jerry,

Outstanding items. The suit belonged to a Marine Corps Pilot (U.S.M.C.R. = United States Marine Corps Reserve). Do you have a Mark 2 knife in your collection? Just wondering if it would fit on the knife pocket. I think Marine Corps pilots either preferred, or may have been issued Mark 2's (see photos). Now you need a USN Victory Model revolver to go in that holster. Congrats!!! thumbsup.gif

Hello Guys. Thanks for comments!

Yes yes I know that is usmc pilot suit but generaly I wrote in topic usn flying suit....

I was thinking about mark 2 knife but it is too bigger.... I think they used both type mark 1, mark 2, western, shark knife...( I wish to have a shark or western knife in my hands:)))

Also great photos!!!!

Yes Charlie the photo is great ( I hope You are not angry that I posted it here....) :unsure:

Jumpin' Jack thanks for words! I think here is not many people who mots of all collec usn aviation stuff....

Do You have some photos of general aviation room??? Would be great If You can post it here:)))

I added some photos with rigger made pocket and pistol belts!

Best regards,

Jerry K.

post-369-1225020169.jpg

This photo is from Jeff Werner book, look at modifiy belt and .38 S&W hip holster. The holster is attached on the left side on belt!

GB: I wish to have .38 S&W but here when Im living I think this is impossible:(

post-369-1225022887.jpg

Jerry_K, I'm sorry about the .38 S&W comment, I didn't realize you were in Poland until Charlie told me. Here are a couple of fly suits engineered to carry a knife, in case you are interested...

http://cgi.ebay.com/USMC-KOREAN-WAR-ERA-SU...emZ380074404184

http://cgi.ebay.com/USN-USMC-CS-FRP-1-HBT-...emZ220300179677

Good luck! thumbsup.gif

Jerry_K, I'm sorry about the .38 S&W comment, I didn't realize you were in Poland until Charlie told me. Here are a couple of fly suits engineered to carry a knife, in case you are interested...

http://cgi.ebay.com/USMC-KOREAN-WAR-ERA-SU...emZ380074404184

http://cgi.ebay.com/USN-USMC-CS-FRP-1-HBT-...emZ220300179677

Good luck! thumbsup.gif

No problem GB thumbsup.gif I hope it was'nt spite thumbsup.gif

yes Im from Poland I dont know that is good or not but here is impossible to buy any gun:((( I have to try with some replica...

nice suit thanks for link!!!

Best regards,

Jerry K.