Original Militaria for major Troop Carrier Command publication.

A/517

Hi All,

I am looking for anyone who has original and ideally named Troop Carrier items pertaining to any of the Groups that were part of the 52nd Troop Carrier Wing, i.e 61st, 313th, 314th, 315th, and 316th Troop Carrier Groups.

This is for a major book project that is two thirds complete being written by myself and Troop Carrier aficionado, Hans Den Brok. This project has been ongoing for around three years now, and this first volume will be the one of three aimed at each of the Troop Carrier Wings operated as part of IX Troop Carrier Command from England in WWII. It will be the most comprehensive joint written and pictorial history of IX Troop Carrier Command released to date, and this volume alone is set to be in the region of 400-500 pages with a similar number of, mostly, unpublished photos. The general idea, without meaning to make the comparison, is that these books will be similar in terms of their content as the Michel De Trez US Airborne books.

We already have a good deal of militaria, but would like more and I am sure it is out there. We have contributions by the likes of Neil Jones and Brewenn Chausset, but are sure there are many more on here who have items.

If you'd love your items to be featured in a major publication about the Troop Carrier boys here's your chance.

Regards,

Adam

Awsome! I Don't have any Troop carrier stuff, but if you need WWII Paratrooper items or displays for examples of the troops these guys carried, let me know!

These kind of projects are propelling military history. Great job.

Ronny,

We are mainly interested in photographs of the Paratroopers preparing for the jumps or in training operations so if you have anything like that, that would be superb. Additionally any records that may have little snippets or information that could prove valuable.

Regards,

Adam

My grandfather was a radio repair technician, and I believe he was assigned to IX Troop Carrier Command (not sure exactly where I got that idea). His uniform has the Airborne Troop Carrier patch on the right shoulder, with 9th Air Force on the left.

I have a photo which shows what looks like a couple of gliders landing. The inscription on the back says "Cottesmore, England 1942 invasion glider test."

Many other photos, but mostly of bombed out buildings. He was stationed at Cottesmore, St. Poix France, and Frankfurt, Germany from what I know.

My grandfather was a radio repair technician, and I believe he was assigned to IX Troop Carrier Command (not sure exactly where I got that idea). His uniform has the Airborne Troop Carrier patch on the right shoulder, with 9th Air Force on the left.

I have a photo which shows what looks like a couple of gliders landing. The inscription on the back says "Cottesmore, England 1942 invasion glider test."

Many other photos, but mostly of bombed out buildings. He was stationed at Cottesmore, St. Poix France, and Frankfurt, Germany from what I know.

Would you be willing to email me pictures of the jacket, and the images you have? My email address is [email protected]