WW2 USMC Pea Green Undershirt

Wedgehead30

Wedgehead30

I recently purchased a small uniform collection that included many new, unissued, original pieces. I figured I would post pictures for reference purposes.

First up: A late war issue USMC green undershirt. If memory serves, these came into the pipeline in 1944 as a replacement for the white undershirt. This one is in mint condition, clearly never issued or worn.

I've tried to give an accurate representation of the color but it's hard to get true color images. I've used several different lighting setups. I would describe the color as a light pea green, definitely not OD. The fabric is very thin and has a lot of stretch to it.

You can see the unique stitching and cut in the photos. The only marking is the size on the collar which in this case is "2". This shirt measures out at Chest 18" measured flat, pit to pit. Shoulder 14½", Length 29½" and Sleeve 6".

post-124172-0-26125500-1497050418_thumb.jpgpost-124172-0-33896300-1497050419_thumb.jpg

Wedgehead30

Nice Kelly Green T.

Dont typically see them unworn.

Nice find

Ah, yes, Kelly Green. I was racking my brain trying to remember the name of the color. Thanks!

hello

great one ,

someone known production difference between ww2 and post war ? stiching color ?

thanks

olivier