D bail HELMET,,,,,D BALES REAL OR FAKE?

I have some pictures of the D bales on my helmet and I wanted to know if they are real or fake. The heat stamp is 922F which puts this a month or more before D Day. Front seam. There is a very shallow dimple on each side, centered on the rim at each D bail. Myself and other people can see them and feel them but my camera doesn't pick them up very well. There is also a spot weld discoloration on each side on the rim edge, consistent with the dimples' location. There is no indication of a rectangular fixed bail or swivel bail previously installed. I'm looking for feedback on the information and pictures. Thanks

Pictures of D bail and weld mark.

post-168910-0-39697700-1496971338.jpg

post-168910-0-72959800-1496971375.jpg

I was waiting on other opinions here. I felt the Webbing was bad, but I'm not good on D-Bails

Pvt. James H. Honey 1st Md. Eastern shore Vol. Inf. Co. D (union) Gettysburg
Pvt. George Eddie Lear 26th Inf. Co.H 1st Div .(WW1) P.H. WIA Cpl. Richard Elsea 268th C.A. Bn. Battery A. WW2 SSgt. Grant Elsea 314th Inf. Hq.Co. I.R.79thDiv. WW2
Cpl. Harry Lawrence Butler Jr 23rd Regt. WIA Korea Lt. George Olin Tilghman 111th MG. 29th Div. WW1 DIS France 1919
donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Aside from the obvious which has already been mentioned, the wear on the straps is not consistent with the wear on the helmet. The straps are frayed but where is the grime, dirt, oil, fading and etc that would be on a chin strap where it meets the bails? Have a look at any comparable originally webbed M-1 and you'll see what I am talking about.

Written contributor to French Militaria Magazine, UK World War II Re-enactors Magazine &The Karkee Web Research Team.

Remembering the service of:
9095 Pte Alfred Fredrick NEWLAND, 7th Field Ambulance, 2 Division, AIF. WIA 16/11/16 France.
436 Private Albert McCANN, B Company 8th Battalion AIF. Enlisted 26/8/14. Killed in Action 17/6/15 Gallipoli.
VX24056 Gunner George Edward McCANN, 2/3 Composite Anti Aircraft Regiment. Enlisted 7/6/40. Discharged 3/8/44. Served in Australia and New Guinea.

donation2016.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2010.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2008.gif

bad

Crapgame: His name is Kelly. Used to be a Lieutenant, pretty good one too-

until someone gave him orders to attack the wrong hill. Wiped out half a company of GI's...

Somebody had to get the blame so he got picked....

Oddball (Laughing): Oh man, I don't like officers...

Crapgame (Laughing): Neither does he, so relax!

post-168910-0-25461300-1496971616.jpg

I believe that is MIG welding wire next to the left post of the bail between the bail and the rim. Weren't these spot welded with a purpose built spot welder? If so, MIG wire would never be required with a spot welder.

Aspiring Vietnam era gear collector!
Juggling gear collecting and the restoration of a '77 Camaro is no fun. WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT!? ?

Harry E Stevenson - 1943-1945 - US Army 165th Photo Signal Company

Marlin Oscar Bobb - 1944-1946 - US Navy aboard the USS Boxer CV-21

Andrew Peter Bobb - 1968-1972 - US Navy aboard the USS Independence

Agreed with the others, bad fake with feet too long.

Also, I believe original D-bails were made of manganese whereas this one looks like stainless steel (very shiny), some fakers catch on to this and corrode the bails but it's all in the feet.

post-8715-0-51747900-1497048171.jpg

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Fake those bails arent the right shape and that heat stamp is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of range for an M2.

whoops, didn't even notice the heat stamp was posted in the original post, yup that's way way too high.

This has been a learning experience for me but I believe most I what I read here, I already knew based on research but it was good to hear it from knowledgeable people. Thank you so much for your help.

I will be posting pictures and info for a glider helmet I have. I think this one has a very good chance of being original but it would be nice to hear from others to confirm. Thank you.