WWII US PARATROOPER LINER SEAMAN

DTRSSS

I have this liner and I wanted to get some opinions. It is a Seaman liner. I know about Inland and Westinghouse liners and how they also modified liners into jump liners. I have seen Seaman para-liners online before but never in person until now.

Everything looks good to me comparing it to a Westinghouse para-liner that I have.

I have the helmet that came with this liner. I am just looking for feedback on the liner for now. Thank you

post-168910-0-11463500-1496950353.jpg

post-168910-0-20496500-1496950506.jpg

stealthytyler

The webbing looks to be in a great condition but the A-washers are all rusted over. I would assume the material around the washers would show staining. Though I have never owned a para liner, this one is not sitting well with me.

There is staining on the webbing along the edge of the A washers. I can see it in the full sized pictures that I have. Thank you.

I don't think Seaman made a paraliner. Those look like repro yokes to me. Might want to take a picture of the outside shell.

Burning Hazard

The leather liner chinstrap is an aged reproduction; might be Scovil based on the rivet.

The A-frames might be original but the late/post-war types used on rigger liners. The rusty A-washers have me stumped too.

We'll need jkash or sgtdorango on this one; I know riggers took regular infantry liners and converted them to para configuration but they riveted the A-yokes directly to the inner liner wall.

The entire liner looks like a rewebbed age liner. The sweatband age can be seen in almost of all easy greens helmet, mine looked exactly the same.

jkash23686

The entire liner looks like a rewebbed age liner. The sweatband age can be seen in almost of all easy greens helmet, mine looked exactly the same.

Yup, nothing on this is real.

I agree with the sweatband as it doesn't feel right and the leather liner chinstrap feels thin and brittle. It sounds like the webbing is not wartime either but the yokes and jump chinstrap could be real??

Any thoughts on the rusty A washers? I checked tonight and they are bleeding onto the webbing.

I will be posting the pics of the D-Bales in a new post.

I have a rigger helmet with glider markings and a para helmet that may have been with the 11th.

Thank you

Beau-Brummel

Chin strap is a talker not AIrborne, the whole thing is a not very convincing repro as has been said.