Class Patch Location

usaf70

Never thought this one would be so difficult to ID?

Class patches can be very difficult to nail down. No one really kept track of these for years. I know many advanced collectors that have several class patches that defy identification. It sometimes takes a lucky break to get the right info. Post it on the Dutch site as well, you never know.

Randy

• 2 weeks later...

Still no luck on this class. Could it be an air refueling class as the green item in the left talon looms lime a refueling boom?

Looks to me like a "baby" officer's crest. The words in the scroll are "birth - liberty - strength - honor." Assuming 70 is the year, 06 is the class number. Again assuming overlapping classes that's 4 months of school. My guess is Army OCS or a prep school of some sort.

Looks to me like a "baby" officer's crest. The words in the scroll are "birth - liberty - strength - honor." Assuming 70 is the year, 06 is the class number. Again assuming overlapping classes that's 4 months of school. My guess is Army OCS or a prep school of some sort.

I don't think that the Army ever used the USAF pilot training class designations like that. On the UPT patches website, the following bases were missing 70-06:

Williams

Moody

Laredo

I am sure your patch is from one of these. You are closer anyways......

-Ski

Still no luck on this class. Could it be an air refueling class as the green item in the left talon looms lime a refueling boom?

I think that's supposed to be an olive branch as the other talon has a bolt in it. Classic peace and war arrangement. I'm with Ski, this looks like a typical USAF class patch, not army related.

Randy

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...