Amico Command Pilot Wings in box

srossio

Yesterday I posted a set of wings that I had certain doubts about...

Today, I would like to post a set that is one of my favorites....

This set of Command Pilot Wings was given to me by a WWII nurse who was stationed in Central America. I have had several delightful chats with her over the years and will post some pics of her uniforms once I finish my war room. As she was giving me the insignia for her uniforms that she had stored in a box in the kitchen (she told me that she and her husband had been warned by the military to remove all insignia from their uniforms once discharged or face possible arrest by the military...even when the uniforms were stored???) I noticed the Amico box. When I asked her about it she told me that when she was in Central America she was helping many poor boys who had lots of problems (this is how she worded it). As gratitude for helping him, an airman gave her these wings and she has kept them ever since. Unfortunately she could not remember his name and she would NOT talk about what she saw which must have been pretty bad! After we finished our conversation and coffee cake, she told me I could have them.

Once again any and all comments welcome and if anyone would like better pics, I will do my best.

Also, once again thanks to everyone who helped me with my Service Pilot wings.

Steve

post-300-1224602291.jpg

The sterling and Amico stamps are very light. The sterling stamp looks raised but it is acutally recessed. I should also mention that the wings are clutch back and come with the sterling, flat clutches...

post-300-1224603359.jpg

Looks like a nice set of un-used CP wings to me. Hard to tell from the lat photo but are the pins the type that are like small nails. Additionally are they short or more on the long side?

John