Estate Sale of the Year – So Far…21st Marines, Iwo Jima

AustinO

suwanneetrader

Just more proof of what me and a few others have said for years "UNIS Markings for the 3rd Div. are a HORIZONTAL Diamond" Not the Vertical Diamond.

Boy wish I had found them my Dad was 3rd 21st Guam & Iwo Jima. I'm happy for you.

Richard

firefighter

Those are 1942 contract US jungle boots.

The brown shoes I'm not sure on - did the Marines wear brown cap toe shoes in the 30s? There were also a couple USMCWR items in the sale but even though these are tiny size I don't think they're womens...

JUngle Boots, those have to pretty scarce. The look to be in great shape.

Awesome grouping ! Thank you for sharing, and also for the narration of all these findings !

Ben

Both have the buckles with clinched a d right it attachment.....is it the early D ring pack or have the spring clips o the shoulder straps.

Ron I knew you'd know what it was...Didn't have a moment to connect at the battlefield show but I had this behind the table and would have loved for you to see it.

Ron I knew you'd know what it was...Didn't have a moment to connect at the battlefield show but I had this behind the table and would have loved for you to see it.

Great pack...Maybe next time Im i Bobbies neighborhood ;)

Nice especially beating the competition! In the future be careful with the pile. I had a nice crusher somebody swiped from my pile that was supposed to be watched. Unfortunately I had no wing man so poor planning from that perspective. Sounds like you had a plan and executed it well.

Excellent pick up! Also interesting to hear how other estate sales operate and how early you sometimes need to get there.

Nice especially beating the competition! In the future be careful with the pile. I had a nice crusher somebody swiped from my pile that was supposed to be watched. Unfortunately I had no wing man so poor planning from that perspective. Sounds like you had a plan and executed it well.

Oh I literally had to slap hands. Thankfully that wasn't until the very end and we didn't have anything plucked on us. Though I've never lost something out of a sold pile I've certainly witnessed the aftermath...you do have to be vigilant. Having a crusher swiped is no laughing matter, that stings.

Oh I literally had to slap hands. Thankfully that wasn't until the very end and we didn't have anything plucked on us. Though I've never lost something out of a sold pile I've certainly witnessed the aftermath...you do have to be vigilant. Having a crusher swiped is no laughing matter, that stings.

Great collector story and great finds. One you will remember for years!

Austin, great find, I can imagine you couldn't get your wallet out quick enough. The Japanese helmet is a great additional piece.

• 3 years later...

Oh my gosh. Incredible finds. Sounds like those companies operate earlier than the ones around here usually do. Having to slap hands? Had an old toy moved from my pile on a sold table once and have had to vigilant at a few sales but never that. Probably antique dealers. Doesn’t sound like they had much respect. Congrats, though belated on the haul. 

olivedrab1970

Phenomenal, I would have most likely had heart palpitations! This is an EXCELLENT ID grouping and in my opinion priceless!

Robin- 

• 2 months later...