Chickasha, OK Militaria Show on 24 June 2017?

SARGE

There is a 300 table militaria show listed in Chickasha, OK on 24-25 June 2017 in "Military Trader". Does anyone know anything about this show or attended it in the past? Is it new or worth going to?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, the Oklahoma Heartland Militaria Show is history and I went to it. This was actually the first militaria show I've been to by the way. I paid $8 at the door (veteran's price) and got an ink stamp on my wrist good for both Sat-Sun. I arrived when they first opened at 9am. The building, which basically had two sides to it was completely full on one side and about half to three-quarters full on the other. All the dealer tables were displayed really neatly. There was quite a bit of German Nazi items, but I don't collect those kinds of items. As far as WW1 items, I was surprised that there was not that much there. WW1 uniforms were basically non-existent, unfortunately. Even WW2 uniforms were relatively scarce. Either all the quality uniforms are in museums or their in collector's hands. There was quite a few Texas license plates in the parking lot, probably some of which were dealers. A fairly good turn-out of people that came to the sale, although I don't know how much of the items sold. I didn't see too many people carrying out items while I was there. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything that I was interested in, that is, that I could afford, but it was fun looking, and I'm glad I went. The best part of the show for me was meeting and getting current picture and a signature on the vintage copy of a photograph of Vietnam Special Forces Green Beret, Ron "Frenchy" Fry. I don't know anything about Ron Fry, but he's a really nice personable gentleman with quite an impressive amount of ribbons/badges. I was proud to shake his hand and thank him for his service.

vn1.jpg

Scan 171790001 (1).jpg

I had a good time meeting other people as it was my first show as well. I got there @ 9am also and stayed until 12:30 I think. I did see some nice stuff that had been bought, but never actually saw it out on tables.

I felt kind of weird going around to people asking if they had certain stuff. There seemed to be a lot of TR, but I guess that is what people like. I also enjoyed talking with Ron for a while.

I did find an Indian made CBI dui to add to the collection. Next stop will be ASMIC in KC!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Well, the Oklahoma Heartland Militaria Show is history and I went to it. This was actually the first militaria show I've been to by the way. I paid $8 at the door (veteran's price) and got an ink stamp on my wrist good for both Sat-Sun. I arrived when they first opened at 9am. The building, which basically had two sides to it was completely full on one side and about half to three-quarters full on the other. All the dealer tables were displayed really neatly. There was quite a bit of German Nazi items, but I don't collect those kinds of items. As far as WW1 items, I was surprised that there was not that much there. WW1 uniforms were basically non-existent, unfortunately. Even WW2 uniforms were relatively scarce. Either all the quality uniforms are in museums or their in collector's hands. There was quite a few Texas license plates in the parking lot, probably some of which were dealers. A fairly good turn-out of people that came to the sale, although I don't know how much of the items sold. I didn't see too many people carrying out items while I was there. Unfortunately, I didn't find anything that I was interested in, that is, that I could afford, but it was fun looking, and I'm glad I went. The best part of the show for me was meeting and getting current picture and a signature on the vintage copy of a photograph of Vietnam Special Forces Green Beret, Ron "Frenchy" Fry. I don't know anything about Ron Fry, but he's a really nice personable gentleman with quite an impressive amount of ribbons/badges. I was proud to shake his hand and thank him for his service.

That's cool that you got a current pic of him. I also got one of his business cards to keep with the signed photo as well.

I attended the new show as well and thought it was a good first effort. I saw a few dealers that I knew but more importantly saw some new ones, and merchandise, as well. I hope it continues.

BTW, I did pick up a rather ratty US Constabulary helmet but the price was right.

Constab lt helmet.JPG

Constab lt helmet head liner.JPG

Also attended the show, setting up on Friday afternoon. I liked the show, hope they have it again next year. I consider it a good show as I only spent 2 1/2 times what I sold. Since this was a new show, about 85% of the dealers were new to me, which meant new merchandise to pick over. One other comment, even though I am not a German / Nazi collector I was really impressed with the German Uniform display. The several varieties of German Alpine Troops uniforms and accessories was really awesome. Picked up several Air Force Nam/SEA patches, unusual to find real ones at show anymore.

post-14361-0-40857800-1498785123.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Cobrahistorian

I'll be there with two of my buddies. We've got a few tables. Will see if I can dig out my USMF hat, otherwise I'll probably be wearing my Hanchey AAF shirt.

See you all there!

Jon

Just got back from the Heartland Militaria Show and I thought I'd share some pics. There was more "stuff" this year it appeared. Still few if any WW1 uniforms which is strange. I didn't buy anything which my wife will be happy with. The items I wanted cost way more than I was willing to spend. Of course there were cheaper items as well but just not in my area of collecting. Anyway, this is the first year that they brought out some vehicles and next year maybe there will be even more. Enjoy the pics.

IMG_9965.jpg

IMG_9967.jpg