phantomfixer

Looks to be WWI or there about...I like the DEL on front...thinking DE ANG early on?

Has two hook on the back side

post-155518-0-96903600-1496275254.jpg

post-155518-0-22409300-1496275261.jpg

post-155518-0-58915700-1496275266.jpg

phantomfixer

man I hope not I kinda like the Delaware thing...but yeah could be delivery...is it USGI? looks like it from the hardware...has a single strap on the bottom the secures the flap...similar to haversack straps and buckles

man I hope not I kinda like the Delaware thing...but yeah could be delivery...is it USGI? looks like it from the hardware...has a single strap on the bottom the secures the flap...similar to haversack straps and buckles

Yeah it would be cool if it was DELAWARE, maybe it is, that threw that DELIVERY thing out there to cover a base, not sure on status of bag, it is certainly of vintage, we'll let the Web Gear pros look in to see.

iron bender

M1904 haversack. Not a mapcase. DEL is for Delaware. NG unit haversack. OP says haversack type closure strap. Look for a mark on the interior flap. It's there. Probably Watervliet or RI and 04-10 dated. FYI two hooks are for carry sling

M1904 haversack. Not a mapcase. DEL is for Delaware. NG unit haversack. OP says haversack type closure strap. Look for a mark on the interior flap. It's there. Probably Watervliet or RI and 04-10 dated. FYI two hooks are for carry sling

Good going, I was thinking it might be other than a map case.

Agreed early haversack.

I have a couple and often they will have crosed rifles,cannons,Engineer castle stenciled on them as well.

phantomfixer

Dig it...thanks guys...and glad it is a Delaware relic...will look closer at the inner flap...is at the local AN store...will go back today...

Dig it...thanks guys...and glad it is a Delaware relic...will look closer at the inner flap...is at the local AN store...will go back today...

I flying down to Delaware from LaGuardia to beat you to it :lol: :lol: :lol:

We look forward to more foto when yo get it.

phantomfixer

here are a few pics of the strap/ hooks and the interior where there looks to be very very faint stamping...thanks for the info guys...

the strap is way cool IMO... not a matching item...but nicely marked...most likely will wind up on one of the early mussette bags

post-155518-0-65163000-1496368992.jpg

post-155518-0-54025200-1496368999_thumb.jpg

post-155518-0-24601600-1496369007_thumb.jpg