Memorial Day display for my store - 100th Anniversary of WWI and a WWII display

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

I haven't been able to do many displays in recent years because of taking care of my mother and then my dad after her death so I was determined to set up something for Memorial Day. I ended up doing 3. One for a Big Band Dance that I do every year, one for a local church (chaplain display) and this one for my Home depot store, which I have set up for the past 4 years. I collect to preserve the memory of our veterans and when I can I share that history with others. I hope you enjoy it.

Robert

post-6492-0-11124200-1496271837_thumb.jpg

What a great display!!!

Only a weak society needs government protection or intervention before it pursues its resolve to preserve the truth. Truth needs neither handcuffs nor a badge for its vindication. -Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy

Peace is not the absence of war, but the defense of hard-won freedom. -Anton LaGuardia

Very impressive! Thank you for doing this as well as sharing with the forum.

Always looking for items associated with the China Marines! Visit chinamarine.org

Jumpin Jack

Excellent cross section of period and services. Very well displayed. Thank you for the tribute you have paid to these Veterans. Jack

Looks Great! Thanks for taking the time to set it all up and then sharing it with us

Cheers,

John

Wanted: USMC Helicopter related items

Collector of Marine Corps Helicopter / Rotary aviation items from the late 1940s to present

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

RustyCanteen

That is an excellent display! Thank you for doing your part to honor and preserve our shared history with the public. That is an incredible amount of work, and no small feat you have accomplished in order to bring it to a public space. The set-up probably took hours, but it was well worth it.

RC

"It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

*Sherlock Holmes in "A Scandal in Bohemia"*

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif
donation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

WarrantMafia

I would love to show up and view on Memorial Day. Very nice tribute. Inspires me to take mine out and share in my community. Well done!

Always seeking WW2 2d, 8th, 9th infantry and 3rd Armor Division medal groupings and patches. Also interested in Army Warrant Officer Aviator groupings.

donation2018.gif

donation2017.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

• 4 weeks later...