What aircraft does this wing belong? Is it military?

No Quarter

No Quarter

Hello, I've had this unknown airplane wing for a while and would like to know what plane it came off of and if it's even military?

Thanks,

Jacob

post-162535-0-32598100-1496192058_thumb.jpg

It looks to me like an elevator from a small aircraft.

Can you give us some measurements?

Does it have any markings such as a data plate or part number? Is it the same color on both sides?

More information is needed for even a chance at identification.

No Quarter

It is the exact same color on both sides. There are no numbers or markings of any kinds. The measuremnts are 5 feet tall and 2 1/2 feet for the width.

• 1 month later...

All US military aircraft have a maker's prefix number either installed, stamped or embossed. Look for something like 32-xxx

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a wing section. It is the control flap from a rudder. The tapper from top to bottom, the notch out at the top, the three connection points to the main rudder and the aileron on the tail to control trim. What I did not see was zinc chromate paint inside the rudder. The construction is like WW2 era military aircraft, but the same type construction was industry standard. You need to find the numbers or heat treat stamps.

I'll have to look for stamps and numbers. I still haven't found anything but i will keep looking.

Jacob