M1 bayonets OL&WT

Vinland

Hello Gents! Have not posted here in a long time, but after the weekends gunshow I finally found something wort showing! Well at least !hope they are wort showing. I belive both are genuine but you never know in these days! Comments are welcome. Regards Arvid

post-10479-0-05223200-1496070604_thumb.jpg

post-10479-0-03673300-1496070681_thumb.jpg

Wilde Tool (WT) and Oneida Limited (OL) are the hardest to find WW2 bayonets. And those are in terrific condition. They look hardly used. Nice score!

They both look genuine to me; FWIW I haven't seen any repro blades made to resemble the modified long blade bayonets.

The WT was cut down from it's original 16" length, and the UFH stamping indicates the modification (or some other work) was done by Union Fork & Hoe. The OL was also modified from it's original 16" length. I'm not certain what the "C.L." mark is. Any chance it is a poorly struck "O.L."?

They both look genuine to me; FWIW I haven't seen any repro blades made to resemble the modified long blade bayonets.

The WT was cut down from it's original 16" length, and the UFH stamping indicates the modification (or some other work) was done by Union Fork & Hoe. The OL was also modified from it's original 16" length. I'm not certain what the "C.L." mark is. Any chance it is a poorly struck "O.L."?

The small CL is a poorly struck OL. It indicates that the bayonet was modified from 16" blade to 10" blade by Oneida.

Looks like I am on a roll with nice marked M1 bayonets these days. This Oneida marked came in to day. Probably modified by Pal Company. Hope you like it. Regards Arvid

post-10479-0-71026100-1496241578_thumb.jpg

post-10479-0-30910900-1496241610_thumb.jpg