New User, Looking For a Specific Purple Heart

MTracey

Hi all,

I am not sure I am doing this quite right, but very recently found out that a picture of my Grandfather’s (PFC Homer Tracey) World War 1 purple heart and other medals were posted on this forum (I thought these were lost lost 50 years ago). I contacted the person who posted them and he told me they were sold several years ago (did not know the buyer). He suggested I post a message on this forum to see if anyone can help me locate them. I truly appreciate any help or advice on how to locate them. You can contact me through this forum.

Thank you

Mike Tracey

I'd suggest you also put a "Want to Buy" here

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/55-wanted/

And ask for info here

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/forum/88-individual-and-unit-research/

And read the threads in this section about similar situations of an owner returning a family medal.

Good Luck

Thank you for the help. For some reason, I can't post to the "Want to Buy" section. I am assuming it is because I am a new member.

I do have all the information I think I need, Purple Heart edge numbered 40412, Mexican Border Service medal edge numbered 10998, New York WW1 Service medal numbered 46290, and a WW1 Victory medal with 3 campaign bars. The person that owned them previously posted all of that information along with pictures of the medals. I do have my Grandfather's honorable discharge, some pictures and other memorabilia from World War 1. That is actual how I found out his medals still existed. When I framed a picture of my Grandfather's unit at Camp Wadsworth, SC, my daughter saw it and googled his name and unit and amazingly, up came the pictures of his medals.

I have been reading the threads. This is a great forum and resource. Thank you very much. V/R Mike

Posting here is free :) Keep posting something anywhere until you can post a WTB. Hope you read the threads I recommended so you know what you might experience.

• 1 month later...

Thank you. Yes, that was the website I saw the purple heart on (and on this website). Thank you for the reference to the 105th INF and Co K. I had not seen that before. Thanks again.

Mike,

Good luck with your hunt; hopefully it ends successfully. Every so often you should 'bump' your want ads to ensure they don't get deleted.

Best,

Kyle