A Few Sweetheart Pics

rob214

A couple weeks ago I was visiting my in-laws, and my mother-in-law brought out an old photo album. She' knows that I collect militaria. The photo album belonged to my father-in-laws first wife, who married a U.S. soldier she met in Berlin Germany while he was on occupation duty with the 1st Division. There were some interesting pics of his time in Berlin. Then, I came across these three pics of some of her sweethearts. Tommie, and Bob of the 16th Infantry regiment. Bob has a nice bullion CIB. No last names, sad to say. Then there was one of an unknown 82nd Div. Glider Trooper. I believe he would have been with the 325 Glider Infantry Regiment. I don't see any Arrowhead devices on any of their ribbons. I just wanted to share them, I thought that they were interesting. Thanks for looking, Robpost-104749-0-64173600-1495850113_thumb.jpgpost-104749-0-65052000-1495850115_thumb.jpg

268th C.A.

That last one has a intresting hair cut! Thats the kind of stuff that makes these old photos intresting. The way they wore there caps and stuff. How did they get away with this stuff. It was so relaxed during and after the war. Until things quickley went back to regulation. Thanks for posting, Great photos's

Jumpin Jack

I don't believe the last soldier was with the 325 as the parachute oval would have to be white border with a blue center.

Glidertrooper

Great pictures, the lady obviously had a soft spot for guys in uniform!

Interesting the 82nd chap has what look like campaign stars on his medal ribbon, yet doesn't have a CIB.

Thanks, for looking guys. Yeah, it was a very intresting photo album. lots of cool pics!!! I think that these kind of old pics are very interesting. The guys from the 1st Division look great with all of their insignia on display, and the way they have their shirt collars open with no neck ties. I'm sure that was just for photo purposes. And, for he 82nd guy, I wasn't sure if he was actually with the 325th, I'm not up on my Para Ovals. But I don't know if there was another Glider Regiment attached to the 82nd. I was wondering about the stars on his ribbon, and no CIB, as well. I did notice his odd hair style too. Thanks for looking, and commenting guys!!!

BILL THE PATCH

The 82nd is puzzling, definitely inf but it sure does not look like the 325th, I wonder if there is another patch on the right 101st?

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

It's very possible that he may have been transferred from the 101st. I know that happened a lot after the war. It would be nice if we could see his other shoulder. I guess it will remain a mystery....