Field/theater ww2 modified MP armband ?!

luft

Hi everyone,

Since few weeks, i have this question in mind and i made some researches here and there, but with no so much very helping replies so far...

My question is: Does MP often modified/altered their brassard/armband, for be more convenient to worn on everyday basis than w/ safety pin "GI" system ? If yes, how ? (Laces? Snaps? Buttons w/buttons holes? Elastic band? ...) And if you have some examples, i'll be very glad to see them please.

I ask that too, because i display MP in reenactment since few years now, and often put on and wore the brassard without making a mess can be a real pain in the b**t...

I had try some tips and tricks who works fine, but i'm pretty sure that some wise ww2 Mp's who experiment same kind of situations, did something for improve theses brassards

Thanks for your interest and your replies

Cheers

Thierry

Burning Hazard

Here is my original WW2 MP brassard that was field modified from, what appears to be, an M1941 jacket. It has 2 laundry numbers that I haven't been able to track down yet.

Pat

post-8715-0-96489300-1495839741_thumb.jpg

post-8715-0-28327500-1495839746.jpg

Backside, note the field jacket buttons.

Thanks for your replies guys, that's help me a lot in my research ;)

Pat: I guess yours is a British Made one, we can see a faint WD+ a date stamp under handwrited Laundry numbers. that's nice to see!

Seems buttons are a popular modification. here is one I have.

a really well done modification! i'll wait to see if some others solutions popped out, but i'll definitly check with my seamstress a solution like that

Here is another. It was cut down and elastic material similar to that used in suspenders was sewn on.

post-211-0-76397700-1495891800_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your input! That's very interesting, it's look like very cut down, mp just keep white letters with a little bit of background around

• 2 weeks later...