M16 MGMC 1/16 scale

Manu-Military

Manu-Military

Hello,

This is my rendition of the Trumpter's M16 MGMC in 1/16 scale.

It is not strictly completed since I still have three figures to put inside and to add the antenna for the radio.

Other than that I assume it's ok, at least for me...

You can also see here http://manu-military.e-monsite.com/pages/2eme-gm-wwii/half-track-m16-gmc.html

more photos of all the stuff I used to put inside the meat chopper.

p1060311.jpg

p1060315.jpg

p1060310.jpg

p1060312.jpg

p1060313.jpg

p1060317.jpg

p1060314.jpg

p1060316.jpg

Thanks for watching,

Cheers,

Manu

Rakkasan187

Very Impressive..

Looks like it is ready to defend against air attack at the Remagen Bridge...

Leigh

Manu-Military

Thank you for your nice comments.

Very Impressive..

Looks like it is ready to defend against air attack at the Remagen Bridge...

Leigh

Actually, in spite of using the late M18, I did in scratch the "MkIX Reflector Sight" to better stick to the context as I wanted to pay tribute to the 467th AAAAW deployed on Omaha Beach in the early hours of D-Day.

The idea is to represent it just a few days after the landing while it is still in coverage in the area before undertaking a ground support role in the countryside at the closest to the troop.

(See the dedicated page on my website).

See you.

Manu

Proud Kraut

Simply fantastic! How did you do the white star on the hood? Is this a decal or did you paint it? Thanks for sharing another great project!

Lars

Manu-Military

Hi all,

Many thanks for your appreciations and comments.

Simply fantastic! How did you do the white star on the hood? Is this a decal or did you paint it? Thanks for sharing another great project!

Lars

The white star and circle were airbrush painted using a self made paper stencil.

But I must admit the final look does really meet with what I was expecting.

I should have had to make it again but it eventually involved to paint back the whole hood, which I didn't want nor feel courageous enough.

Manu

The Meatcan

Manu, that is another excellent build! Really nice painting and weathering! What are you building next?

Terry

Man is this cool or what!

Excellent work and finish on the M16 :)!

Where did you get the ammo boxes, packs, etc., did they come with the kit or did you source them elsewhere?

Joe

Manu-Military

Thank you for your kind comments.

Manu, that is another excellent build! Really nice painting and weathering! What are you building next?

Terry

Next year, it is the centenary of the AEF of its effective commitment in the Great War.

To celebrate this I'm keen on building from scratch a Ford T ambulance of the Amercian Field Service.

I also have an Harley Davidson 18F from Aoshima to complete.

Man is this cool or what!

Excellent work and finish on the M16 :)!

Where did you get the ammo boxes, packs, etc., did they come with the kit or did you source them elsewhere?

Joe

Joe,

The extra wooden ammo crates were all scratch built.

I managed to get actual dimensions from this collection https://www.flickr.com/photos/135119488@N07/albums/72157658496688730 and https://www.flickr.com/photos/135119488@N07/sets/72157656704150024 before it had been sold out.

All the markings were done with photo etched stencils that were done upon my requet.

All other details are largely explained in my web site here : http://manu-military.e-monsite.com/pages/2eme-gm-wwii/half-track-m16-gmc.html

Cheers,

Manu

Wow! Your weathering is excellent. I love the dust covering, the tarps on the fenders really add to the realism of this model and your quad .50's are intimidating.

This is an excellent piece of work.

Good job Manu.

Semper Fi.

Manny

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
Backtheattack

Great work! Like the 1:16 scale. Should be a great model vehicle if radio controlled, too.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...