Help needed for Chaplain Expression

woodhatcher

Hello everybody,

i am planning to do a Chaplain expresion with my re-enactors club.

The problem is that i don't know enough to do this expresion.

Can anyone help?

My questions are:

What is the webbing of a Chaplain in the field.

For what is the use of every part of the Chaplain kit.

And my last question: How is a field service given?

Kind Regards Vincent

...For what is the use of every part of the Chaplain kit.

And my last question: How is a field service given?

Kind Regards Vincent

The webbing has to be in someone else's bailiwick here... many many experts on that.

As to the other 2 questions, I believe it would depend entirely upon which denomination or faith one were to be giving an impression of.

In other words, I am pretty confident that the kits would differ according to which kind of Chaplain one was... or, the GI kit would be modified or personalized to suit the differences between faiths?

Also, I have a hunch that the kit for a Chaplain in combat would be somewhat different than the kit for garrisoned or outpost HQ Chaplains. I've seen elaborate special supply chests built just for WWII frontline Chaplains, as an example.

In any case, I'm going to ask the World Council of Churches.

The webbing has to be in someone else's bailiwick here... many many experts on that.

As to the other 2 questions, I believe it would depend entirely upon which denomination or faith one were to be giving an impression of.

In other words, I am pretty confident that the kits would differ according to which kind of Chaplain one was... or, the GI kit would be modified or personalized to suit the differences between faiths?

Also, I have a hunch that the kit for a Chaplain in combat would be somewhat different than the kit for garrisoned or outpost HQ Chaplains. I've seen elaborate special supply chests built just for WWII frontline Chaplains, as an example.

In any case, I'm going to ask the World Council of Churches.

Thanks for the reply.

we are planning to make an empression of a Roman Catholic Chaplain and we are also planning to make a little fieldservice.

Kind Regards Vince

Thanks for the reply.

we are planning to make an empression of a Roman Catholic Chaplain and we are also planning to make a little fieldservice.

Kind Regards Vince

I think then that you are in luck... because although I cannot lay hands on the precise kit immediately for you, it will be readily available in a lot of ways and places.

When I was in the suit, even though technically an "Episcopalian", I and a lot of the guys who were even Protestants would go to the Catholic Chaplains... cannot quite explain that in any way that is rational.

I'm going to keep looking for those online and here on USMF... especially for you to see those special chests used by HQ Chaplains in the field. It'd be great if you could have one of those...