1st Signal Brigade Uniform

Kansas Raider

Kansas Raider

Hi everybody, here is a uniform I found in a yard sale this weekend. It has a 1969 date tag. There were a few other uniforms I hope down load later. Thanks Steve

post-154231-0-91756900-1495585754_thumb.jpg

firefighter

Great find. First metal 1st Signal hanager, I think those typed were Korean made? The bottom row and MUC ribbons look theater made.

Kansas Raider

The bottom row is plastic covered. I will try to get a close up of the ribbons. I have a new phone and do not know how to use it Steve

Nice, would love to have seen DIs on it, that way would of been able to isolate unit and look for rosters. Unusual that he had no shoulder patch sewn on.

firefighter

Is that right sleeve SP4 chevron sewn on backwards???

I don't think the make right/left SP4 insignia.

What I meant was.. .look at the left side of the photo. There is very little yellow thread visible on the SP4 chevron and there appears to be a "pig tail" (which is typically on the back of merrow-edged patches) hanging there. It looks like it was sewn "face-down" (a better term than "backwards").

Doesn't really matter - just an observation.

firefighter

What I meant was.. .look at the left side of the photo. There is very little yellow thread visible on the SP4 chevron and there appears to be a "pig tail" (which is typically on the back of merrow-edged patches) hanging there. It looks like it was sewn "face-down" (a better term than "backwards").

Doesn't really matter - just an observation.

To me it looks like the sleeve is folded or the patch is coming loose.

Kansas Raider

The sleeve was folded over. There is not a pig tail and is not coming loose. Steve

What would the pocket metal tag have been worn for?

Generally, as a pocket hanger on the short sleeved khaki uniform shirt.

oakleaf777

Quick observations:

The Signal Corps collar device looks like it's on sideways, and the Army MUC looks like it is upside down if you look closely at the oak leaf clusters.

Maybe the original owner had the insignia siting in a box for the past 40 plus years, and decided to put them back on the uniform prior to the sale?

Still very nice set of class A's. Don't see too many Vietnam Signal Corps uniforms. Thanks for sharing.