USS Enterprise Torpedo Squadron 10 Patch

Airborne-Hunter

Airborne-Hunter

Found this patch in a desk at an estate sale in Northern California. I know the design is the WW2 one, but has anyone seen one? Was this one done during the war or that era? Its on a thin leather material. Thanks ABN

post-1800-0-70510700-1495559945_thumb.jpg

Ensign John Long Monday received his pilot's wings in 1943, was transferred from Composite Squadron 21 to ? (presumably VT-10) in March of 1944.

Edit: and I just saw your other patches, boy that sure makes sense, hah!

ocsfollowme

Looks like there is some faded ink writing on the back. Can you make it out? Jeffro

I played with the contrast the day that he posted it and couldn't make it out. Maybe if he had a full large scan of the writing we could do something with it

Airborne-Hunter

It reads backwards, but is not legible. I believe it was set atop some ink almost like a blotter. ABN

Hi, I am in Nor Cal as well. I have a grouping from another pilot who flew with Monday. Would you be interested in selling it? I would love to get a patch in thta grouping.

ocsfollowme

if you upload a blown up section of the writing we could figure it out. This is what I was able to do with the low image photo on this thread.

post-122868-0-41435800-1495814990.jpg