Post WWII Young Collector

navyfamily

navyfamily

Hello all!

My name is Duncan and I am 13 years old and have been collecting for about a year. My collection includes helmets and field gear. I focus on post WWII because my limited income. I like to collect helmets the most and just recently I have expanded to field gear. I own a full set of Vietnam web gear and a full set of Alice, desert storm, Grenada, whatever you want to call it. I own 4 helmets so far, a Vietnam M1, a Korea M1, another Korea M1 shell only, and a PASGT helmet that is set up as a parachutists helemt. I also like soft caps. I have 2 boonies, a chocolate chip and a 3 color desert one. I have 2 NWU type I 8 pointed covers, woodland and desert marpat covers and a repro WWII crusher cap that I got as a gift. Of course I have some ammo cans too, a 30 and 50 cal. I also have a flight suit and a LBV. I look forward to exploring the forum more it has already helped me with tons of research and revelations. This forum has a great atmosphere and great people on it and I'm glad I get to be a part of it!

Good day,

-Duncan

Awesome! Sounds like a great collection.

Welcome aboard- we are happy to have you here.

(and enjoy being 13 for as long as you can!)

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your collection and answer any and all questions you might have.

ParanormalTrooper

Welcome to the forum!

You'll see several of us younger members around, but be warned we are outnumbered by a lot haha.

navyfamily

Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to seeing your collection. Justin

Awesome! Sounds like a great collection.

Welcome aboard- we are happy to have you here.

(and enjoy being 13 for as long as you can!)

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to seeing your collection and answer any and all questions you might have.

Welcome to the forum! I've been a member less than a year and it is great source of info!

Welcome Duncan

Sounds like you are off to a great start.

Have fun and collect what you like.

Welcome to the forum!

You'll see several of us younger members around, but be warned we are outnumbered by a lot haha.

Welcome. Anything in particular that got you interested in militaria?

Thank you all for the warm welcome!

And sundance, my mom and dad are both retired Navy Chiefs, when I was little I used to go into my dad's mancave and look at all his gear that he managed to keep and I may or may not have 'borrowed' his Bianchi M12 holster and his Fulton angle head flashlight. That's how I got started and I didn't really get serious into collecting until I was 11 when I bought my first M1 helmet. Which actually turned out to be an Austrian Euro clone with a MICH BDU/DCU cover and a mint condition P64 liner for $40. So I think it was worth it just for the mint liner which I found the date to be 1964.