INTERWAR UNIFORMS 1920 to 1940

kiaiokalewa

I was going through some of my junk at my moms place on Oahu and actually forgotten I had some of these uniforms. Yes, I got stung by the interwar uniform bug and this represents about a third of what I have. The rest of it is on the Big Island of Hawaii.

post-1384-0-51338900-1495234020_thumb.jpg

post-1384-0-93645800-1495234034_thumb.jpg

post-1384-0-98866800-1495234049_thumb.jpg

BILL THE PATCH

All very very nice, wish you could show close ups. Especially the 34th div.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Fantastic examples kiaiokalewa, I,m in particular enamored with those two Corps patched coats, very rare to see these, Reserve as they were, not to mention the Bunker Hill Flag one of the 11th Corps.

As an aside, if you can post close ups of all the shoulder patches for the Shoulder Patches Reference Forum, in their respective lists, that would be an incredible addition to these lists.

In example, for XI Corps, there's no Interwar posted of the Bunker Hlll Flag type you have, only early WWII fully embroidered types.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/515-xi-corps/

BILL THE PATCH

Thanks, man that 34th is killer, not to mention the 45th.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

The 12th Corps is it embroidered or two piece ? Love the 34th also, Inter War Corps are tough for the most part. Great collection..

kiaiokalewa

It's an early multi constructed piece made to OQMG specifications. Unfortunately it's not a PQMD manufactured example. Although this one has an embroidered pine tree the Philadelphia Depot one had both the red cross and pine tree hand embroidered with heavy silk thread. None the less no complaints from me just happy that I have this one. The coat is correct for the Corp of Engineers as its buttons all are representative of that branch.

Would love to find a matching pair of 341st Engineer Regiment DIs to put on this coat. On the shoulder straps there is evidence of these DIs being once their in screwback fashion.

post-1384-0-07154500-1495302126_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

I drool every time I see these pieces of art. They are GORGEOUS! Thanks for showing them to us and thanks for adding them to the uniforms section.

Allan

Outstanding pieces!! Like you and others above, I've always had a thing for interwar militaria. Probably stems from my Dad joining the Marines in 1936. Your selection of tunics show variations much more interesting than (in my opinion) most of the mass produced insignia in WWII.

Steve

Thanks a lot for posting these, they are so cool to see. The stand-up collar with gold buttons is a really nice combo, a lot of those were tailored into roll collars. And that 76th Div chenille patch is great!

Justin B.