Harold Preston (Hap)

Archiver

I am currently trying to help my Uncle find any information regarding his father, an American serviceman who was stationed in Auckland, New Zealand from early 1943-April/May 1944. Does anybody recognize this name? I believe him to be a Seabee as he was described as a marine engineer. He may even have been with CBMU 502 as they were in New Zealand during these dates but this is purely a guess. Harold was described as "solid build with fair hair." Any help would be appreciated.

268th C.A.

looked on Ancestry there are pages of Harold Preston's. I found two that were US Navy WW2. One there is little information here is the other. Harold Lawrence Preston Bn: 03 Oct. 1907 Navy enlistment 31 Mar 1942 released 23 Oct 1945

looks like reddish hair...

post-87654-0-62413900-1495193332_thumb.jpg

Thanks for your reply but there is no resemblance that I can see and from the information I have he would have been too old. Perhaps you could answer a question for me if you wouldn't mind? Did the US servicemen in WW2 have their names on their uniforms? I have been wondering if the spelling of Preston is incorrect. I was told Harold was called Hap by his friends as his middle name was Alan. He was born about 1916, had a sister Anna, a brother Paul and both parents were deceased by 1943. I have spent many hours searching on Ancestry but coming up with nothing.