1940's ROTC medals and ribbons

316th FS 324th FG

316th FS 324th FG

My wife's aunt was just up for a visit and she mentioned that her husband had served in the Pacific towards the end of the war in the AAF. She said he had framed his medals and would send them off to us.

A couple of weeks later, this package arrived in the mail. Obviously, these are not his US AAF medals, but are his JROTC and ROTC medals from high school and college in the Chicago area. Anyone able to help id the ribbons?

Still hope to get his AAF medals as well.

D

post-2463-1224446926.jpg

Most ROTC/JROTC units bought stock ribbons from suppliers and used them for their own awards system. So, the "Outstanding Academic Achievement" medal/ribbon of one school may be the "Marksmanship" medal/ribbon at another school.

The suppliers weren't too concerned about who else might use that particular ribbon, so this group has an Army and Navy Union ribbon, which may or may not have anything to do with that organization.

since you know the school he went to you may be able to contact the ROTC departments for an answer. I know my daughters JROTC department has displays with each ribbon listed.