WW2 Zippo Flea Market Find

Joe Kravets

Didn't have alot of cash on me today, but was able to find this, the first one I ever found at the fleamarket. It has a four barrel hinge which dates from late 41 or 42. I don't know a whole lot about these lighters and was wondering if the 4 barrel hinge ones were rarer than the 3 barrel ones. I searched ebay and only found the 3 barrel kind.

007-12.jpg

002-7.jpg

003-11.jpg

006-14.jpg

• 1 month later...
Didn't have alot of cash on me today, but was able to find this, the first one I ever found at the fleamarket. It has a four barrel hinge which dates from late 41 or 42. I don't know a whole lot about these lighters and was wondering if the 4 barrel hinge ones were rarer than the 3 barrel ones. I searched ebay and only found the 3 barrel kind.

007-12.jpg

002-7.jpg

003-11.jpg

006-14.jpg

Zippo did bring out 4 barrel hinges between the war years of 1938 to 1942. But 3 barrel hinges came out in (war years) 1943 to 1946 and onto 1949. The three barrel hinges as one would expect,are easy to damage,and slightly weaker with heavy use.

If anyone has one and wishes for Zippo to repair the hinge they will,replace it with a modern one. Unless you ask Zippo not to and try to repair the three barrel. They will.

If you or anyone wishes for anymore info on Zippos do drop me a line ive been collecting them,for over 20 years.

Gary (Zippo Grunt)