Enola Gay photo

m14msgt

I have a friend who has an 8x10 photo taken of the Enola Gay after it returned from bombing Hiroshima. Photo does not include Paul Tibbets, just the aircraft, a jeep and some assorted ground crew. My friend is wanting to know whether this photo is worth anything and if so...how much. I told him I would ask around. Thanks...

doinworkinvans

Is it an original? Or a copy? What size?

Is it an official air force photo that alot of collectors may have or is it a one-off snapped by an individual soldier?

Original...8x10...unsolicited photo ...so prolly not official

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a reservation about it being 8x10 and not an official image. 8x10's typically come from resolution from professional type cameras. I would be interested to see the paper stock this image was printed on. I know you don't want to post the image but it would be helpful to see the back and maybe cover up the principle content in the image showing some details around it. That way the owners interests are still protected. That whole episode was well documented from start to finish with both moving picture and still pictures, There were many government representatives on the ground with cameras. My point is, is that images of the Enola Gay are not hard to find, there is no shortage of stock images. If an original WWII era print then I would say 5-15 dollar value. If a reprint on new photographic stock, then under $5. Its a nice wall hanger. Now, if you had an image of one of the B-25's from the Doolittle Raid that had landed in China, then your sitting on a nice little piece of change.