Reusable Unambiguous Swimmer Warning Vehicle

Tonomachi

I wasn't aware that the USN was working on developing what is basically an underwater drone to protect harbors and moored vessels from enemy frogman until I came across this patch on eBay. They apparently have a working unmanned undersea vehicle that targets combat divers. I couldn't find any pictures of it on the Internet but it supposedly looks like a torpedo. Right now it is in a sort of conceptual stage as it isn't lethal yet. It will seek out frogmen and once located will surface to give a GPS location while setting off audible alarms and flashing lights. It has got real long name of Reusable Unambiguous Swimmer Warning Vehicle or RUSWV. I have read where the Navy started using Dolphins for this task during the Vietnam War so maybe they are looking for something less controversial to replace them. Anyone heard of this before?

post-1389-0-08920400-1494386494_thumb.jpg

tdogchristy90

The closest thing I can think of is that underwater unmanned drone meant to track submarines. It's a relatively new tech, still in development I think. Meant to stay underwater for months/years on end to locate/track enemy submarines.