Last chance before the dump...Collectors saving American Heritage one group at a time

tarbridge

Its interesting he is wearing the Purple Heart ribbon in the portrait. That means it was painted after 1932.

Kurt

He spent a lot of overseas time after WWI....Philippines ...China...etc. Retired 30 November 1934 .

KASTAUFFER

He spent a lot of overseas time after WWI....Philippines ...China...etc. Retired 30 November 1934 .

That makes sense. That means it was painted towards the end of his career.

Kurt

Great group, I hope you're coming to Pomona again (?)

Hi Dex...I had some unexpected issues that have sidetracked the trip, maybe next time.

Great group. Great save, Robert. And it truly reflects what often happens to decorations as the extended family loses interest and knowledge about their kinfolk. Bob

suwanneetrader

Maybe ?? Your Congressman will realize the good thing historically you have done and he will convince a few legislative friends. Richard

Thanks for sharing this.

This was a save. Anyone but a collector/historian would have tossed this.

Did you find the DSC or was that one you had?

I was thinking that it could be lodged in the frame when I first saw it.

Thanks for sharing this.

This was a save. Anyone but a collector/historian would have tossed this.

Did you find the DSC or was that one you had?

I was thinking that it could be lodged in the frame when I first saw it.

I added the WWI DSC that is numbered but not traceable...nothing in the crevices but mice droppings and roach skeletons.

• 4 weeks later...

Well...my guy came thru...he went back and dug the the years of trash and clutter...and lots of mice droppings.All that work paid off..he located the DSC...it is now back together

Congrats Robert! Fantastic that he was able to find the DSC to complete the group...no doubt you have shared this story with your Congressmen of how collectors save, not dishonor these soldiers.

And that portrait is indeed outstanding!

Congrats Robert! Fantastic that he was able to find the DSC to complete the group...no doubt you have shared this story with your Congressmen of how collectors save, not dishonor these soldiers.

And that portrait is indeed outstanding!

Thanks Dirk...we spent an hour in conversation and I hope it helps.

doinworkinvans

Wow. Rob I am speechless bud. What an incredible save. This should be front page but you'll never hear stories like this unfortunately. Thank you for all you do.

An hour of a congressmans time shows interest imho.....just showing that picture of the medals, tattered ribbon fragments in an old chipped frame tells the story of why collectors are needed to preserve and honor these men

Medalman90

Fantastic Rob! Another valiant American legacy saved from the dump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk