14 Year olds USMC Collection

PeleliuMarine1944

PeleliuMarine1944

Hello everyone! My name is Simon, I am 14 years old, and have been collecting USMC items for about a year now. This is what I have found over this past year, some stuff I have gotten lucky on, other stuff I had to pay a pretty hefty amount, and one pr two things I've had in my family, like the 2nd armoured Divison stuff, in which my Great Uncle served from Africa to Germany. Anyway this is my collection, if you have anyhing to say, please give me your opinion. Obviously i'm still starting out, and need a lot more items!

post-162210-0-45961400-1493876711_thumb.png

PeleliuMarine1944

Some stuff I left out, like other jackets, and other pieces to a Navy Grouping. But this is almost all of the stuff in my collection. Let me know what you guys think. Again, sorry if the images turned out bad.

PeleliuMarine1944

Simon

Great collection and some fine items.

Do I see two M1 garands ?

Yes you do, but they are sadly replicas.

PeleliuMarine1944

Amazing collection !!! Good luck in your collecting endeavors .

Ed

Thank you!

trenchfoot

Wow, nice collection! You've got some hard to find items in there and I like your display of your marine web gear. Is any of it named?

ParanormalTrooper

Awesome collection!

Great display as well. The Hawley liner, USMC pith helmet, and Naval helmet all look great, not to mention that sea of web gear.

Are you on Instagram?

Screamingeagles101

Nice collection! You chose one of the more expensive areas of the hobby to collect haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jumpin Jack

You've done extremely well for yourself in such a short period of time. I can only imagine where it will be in another ten years! I see pieces that other more advanced collectors still have on their want list. Keep up the good work. Jack

PeleliuMarine1944

Awesome collection!

Great display as well. The Hawley liner, USMC pith helmet, and Naval helmet all look great, not to mention that sea of web gear.

Are you on Instagram?

Thank you very much! And yes I am wwii_usmc. What is yours?

PeleliuMarine1944

Great stuff you've got. How do you obtain most of you pieces? Anyhow thanks for sharing.

Thank you very much. Mostly through this great Forum, going to antique shops, and going to almost all the shows in my area

PeleliuMarine1944

You've done extremely well for yourself in such a short period of time. I can only imagine where it will be in another ten years! I see pieces that other more advanced collectors still have on their want list. Keep up the good work. Jack

Thank you Jack. It means a lot coming from you!

PeleliuMarine1944

Really nice collection. I like that camo'd haversack.

Haha! Thank you. I can tell you that was one of the expensive pieces.

suwanneetrader

Looks very good to me. If you have someone older, especially if a Vet, to take you to local VFW and American Legion Posts, if you are polite and show photos as well as "Hands on" of some of your items you most likely will get some leads and maybe even a few "freebes". My children did. Good hunting Richard been collecting since 18 and I'm going on 80 now.

PeleliuMarine1944

Looks very good to me. If you have someone older, especially if a Vet, to take you to local VFW and American Legion Posts, if you are polite and show photos as well as "Hands on" of some of your items you most likely will get some leads and maybe even a few "freebes". My children did. Good hunting Richard been collecting since 18 and I'm going on 80 now.

Thank you so much for the advice! I went to a VFW one time, and interviewed a member of the 3rd Infantry division who fought at Anzio with Audie Murphy. I'll have to go another again. I'll let you know if I get anything!