KIA Nicholas J. Russo Co B 40thTank BN 7th Armored Div PH

shellman825

shellman825

Any help on this thanks, I pick this up a few days ago in a box, lots of pictures and a unnamed Purple Heart The pictures are of Cpl. Nicholas J Russo Co B 40th Tank BN, 7th Armored DIV. KIA on April 13, 1945 He was a Medium Tank Crewman I pulled up a High School picture on the web and he is the same guy in the pictures, a couple pictures has is name where he wrote on them. What I am looking to find out is about the Purple Heart He was KIA but this one that came with all these pictures is unnamed, is it possible that he was WIA before he was KIA and was giving this PH. I listed a couple pictures here

post-164850-0-66898100-1493860185_thumb.jpg

shellman825

What does anyone make of the unnamed PH are there anyway I can find out if he got more than one PH any help on this

ParanormalTrooper

Nice grouping and medal. Not sure about the PH engraving (or lack thereof in this case).

KASTAUFFER

Its possible he was wounded prior to when he was killed. His posthumous award would have certainly been named.

Kurt

shellman825

If any one knows where is Posthumous Engraved Purple Heart is please let me know I would love to get you these pictures and items back with the engraved PH, It would be a honor to get these items back with the owner of is Posthumous Purple Heart for Free I will not charge anything they should be all in one group. Thanks