WWI Army Nurse Purple Heart Group Reunited

JimD

Very nice group. Probably one of the rarest Purple Hearts out there. Definitely toward the top of my list.

• 5 years later...

Hi, I am new to this forum - do you by any chance have a copy of Beatrice’s MSCC ? Also, is it possible to obtain a photo permission for Beatrice to add to her image to The National Purple Heart Hall of Honor database? The website is
thepurpleheart.com - if you select Roll of Honor you can do a search for Beatrice. She is the second WWI nurse on the Roll of Honor, the first being Beatrice Mary MacDonald who was injured 17 Aug 1917 while serving in Belgium in a British Clearing Station. 
My focus is on WWI and WWII nurses who received Purple Hearts. The WWI nurses are challenging to find and love that you shared this information! 

Oops, I see you posted a copy of her MSCC but with penned in corrections. Do you have any official documents to verity the date that the MSCC was awarded for? 

• 7 months later...

Hello.  My grandfather was the brother of Beatrice Hosken.  I have just recently started doing family history research and stumbled

on this website and the posting by  Jim D.     I could not believe my eyes when I saw all of the background information about her!

Thank you so much for bringing this woman to my attention!  An extraordinary story and one I am so proud to be able

to share with my family!