G98 rifle with engraved stock by AEF soldier ?

Marne

BILL THE PATCH

Think about it, what are chances of a distant relative spotting something his relative had in the great war, and just because he's a history buff and collector. Truly amazing story. Rip olin

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Since this is directly related to your family, would you be able to try an purchase ( if even possible) and if so, how would it be done?

268th C.A.

Well I'm not sure the owner even wants to part with It, I called the ATF and asked the question, its not a problem, I would just need to find an arms importer and go from there. The cost may be high. But I'm still asking questions. I have the number of an importer. Looking into it.

Well I'm not sure the owner even wants to part with It, I called the ATF and asked the question, its not a problem, I would just need to find an arms importer and go from there. The cost may be high. But I'm still asking questions. I have the number of an importer. Looking into it.

Hi David, As I told you, I would be happy if this piece of history manage to reach his own family !

I love it too, but I am ready to part with it.

Hope we manage to deal, we both, and also with the customs !

I will answer to your last PM later in the day.

A small world, indeed, David! Hope the transaction goes smoothly. Will look forward to hearing its in Texas! Regards......Bob

268th C.A.

Thanks Bob I have calls in, to see if I can find an Importer. Cooper Smith is local. I have a call into them now. Waiting on a return call. I know of a few but was trying a local first. Marne is willing to part with the rifle & that's wonderful, If I can reach agreements with all. It would be a win for everyone !. A great PR story for an Importer as well. Captured WW1 Rifle comes home to family after 99 years.

Hope to see it when I come out to see you later this year. Called our bud in Va. Beach, he only has export license. Keep me informed, wish Monty was still with us, what would he say! N. P.!!!!!!!!¡