Garbage Picked WWII Navy stuff

henrikson1487

henrikson1487

I found this deck jacket and helmet liner just sitting on top of a recycling tub while walking my dog last summer. There are some major condition issues but you cant go wrong with free!

post-163038-0-22594100-1493425057_thumb.jpeg

post-163038-0-49641900-1493425121_thumb.jpeg

I'm very pleased to hear about something like this being saved. Its a bit of U.S. history, as well as an opportunity to honor the American who wore this in service of the Nation.

kyhistorian01

Nice save. You may want to try searching fold 3 which you can access at your local library and see if you can find an officer of that last name on the Navy muster rolls.

I did a quick search based on the rank and last name and only found 1 - Captain Frank C Pasquinelli who served in submarines from the late Korean War period though Vietnam. he is listed as serving on the USS Odax and USS pickerel. Keep in mind the material you found is WWII but the Navy used WWII material though the late 1950s and even into the early 1960s because it was available surplus material So it is possible this could be your man. good luck researching.

Robert

kyhistorian01

could be an army liner instead of navy

it could be, but since they were found together and the deck jacket has USN on it I would guess its not.