WWII 7th Infantry Division, 'Kwajalein' Identification Panel

MattStone

Hello,

I attended the Minneapolis Military Relic Collectors show, In MN, this past weekend and had a blast seeing some old forum members and friends.

On the last day of the show, i was looking at some stuff and found a nice m1941 upper USMC pack and picked that up. As i was looking at some USMC patches, out of the corner of my eye, i spotted a flag on the wall. I grabbed it super fast and brought it to the seller and he told me it was a 'Japanese signal flag', and wanted $30 for it. I handed him the money and took it. Now i know, and collect Japanese Militaria and this is not Japanese. I am thinking MAYBE it was in a 7th Div grouping and the seller thought this was a part of the bringbacks and not the American items? Who knows..

Here are some pictures i have. I do not want to take many close up photos and dimentions just yet becuase i have only seen one other on picked up in a grouping and can't seem to find any information online other than the two regismnets that wore these only for Kwajalein and that was it.

56zOgTZ.jpg

CSkHCJS.jpg

Vn2skuk.jpg

RSquXvT.jpg

9NBRGtC.jpg

post-7963-0-93125400-1493315161_thumb.jpg

post-7963-0-28012300-1493315170.jpg

Hmmm, no photos, Matt. But I would really like to see this flag having studied the Marshal Islands quite extensively.

regards,

pat

iron bender

Geez. If that's the real deal you're the luckiest guy in the world in my opinion (when it comes to cool militaria, especially 7th Division gear). I don't know, but I think you may have hit the jack pot on this one.

I have no doubt on originality. Not known enough to benefit from faking it, it was mis-identified by the seller, and was $30. Looks the part too. Awesome.

• 6 years later...