WW2 video game.

tdogchristy90

tdogchristy90

So I'm a fan of media, be it books, movies, ect. As such I try to keep a watch out for military releases...Dunkirk anyone? I can't wait. Well this just popped up... I think the first "true" ww2 game in over a decade, I don't remember. I hope this shows up for anyone who wants to see it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/gamespot/status/857280484832718848?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

tdog

BILL THE PATCH

That looks really good, I'll tell my son's. Then I'll get to play it.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

ParanormalTrooper

Yep, COD WW2 looks pretty sweet. Looks like it'll follow the First Infantry division, hopefully from the Invasion of North Africa onwards like COD: The Big Red One did.

tdogchristy90

Yep, COD WW2 looks pretty sweet. Looks like it'll follow the First Infantry division, hopefully from the Invasion of North Africa onwards like COD: The Big Red One did.

From the video I got the impression it would go from June 6th, forward into France and Germany.

As a side note I saw a game a few years ago for WW1 that did really well in terms of emotion/story. Hopefully this turns out the same and not as a typical gung-ho entertainment peice. I always preferred the personal stories to the "flag waving" set pieces.

Garandomatic

Some of my students had me project the release on the board during the lunch period. Looked OK, but I think I'm getting old. I really enjoyed COD World At War, though. Haven't had a chance to play Battlefield 1. I even more or less gave up World of Tanks.

tdogchristy90

Josh Duhamel being in this is one thing I can't wrap my brain around. It's like Bull from Band of Brothers showed up in The Walking Dead, it's hard to see him as anything other than Bull. It's hard to see Duhamel in anything other than transformers. Breaks immersion I guess.