My almost first M1936 Musette bag.......

Flightpath

Hi,

long ago as a pre-teenager I used an M36 musette bag to carry and store anything that I valued and even used it as my school bag for a while, then my older brother claimed it (ok then.... it was actually his).

For decades I've thought of getting one again and finally bought an almost unused 1943 dated ATLANTIC PRODUCTS CORP bag.... Strap is 1943 ARNOLD MFG CO.

This brings back so many boyhood memories (anyone else use one as a kid?), cheers, John

post-105780-0-31747300-1493204833.jpg

Hi Brother, for me it was a well used M-45 combat field pack my dad got me at YATES Army and Navy surplus here in Phx, Arizona 1968,i was about 5 years old..i used it for a long time but can't remember what happened to it..anyway I got a near new one a few years back just for old time sake.. vince g. 11B Inf.

Hi. My dad was a WWII vet and had all kinds of surplus stuff we used for hunting, fishing and general messing about with when I was young(er). One of my favorites was a musette bag, 1943 dated, if I remember correctly. Like you, I bought one later in life and love to use it as a shoulder bag. Though now I am very nervous and careful not to damage it or get it dirty. This was not a consideration with the stuff we had when I was a kid.

Mikie

Very nice example. Quite the versatile bag too. I've used a repro one for years for a laptop/thermos bag while teaching and it's very handy from traveling around to my classrooms.