Can You Help Me Identify the Camo Pattern on this WWII M-1 Helmet?

Yankee Trader Relics

Yankee Trader Relics

I acquired this helmet about a year ago and almost gave up on the pattern and any association with a unit. Recently I was told that it appears to be a Pacific Camo Pattern that was used by the 27th Infantry Division. The helmet is a front seam, fixed bail. The liner is Westinghouse and is missing its nape, sweatband and chinstrap. The camo pattern is what I am mainly looking for information on. The paint is a thick green over brush of the original sand cork finish with black stripes in irregular patterns applied. See pictures. I also can provide more closeups. My email is [email protected]. Thank you.

post-66294-0-97685200-1493147718.jpg

post-66294-0-70834700-1493147803.jpg

post-66294-0-59643900-1493147878.jpg

post-66294-0-07469800-1493147967.jpg

post-66294-0-61818900-1493148037.jpg

Boy, those are small and dark photo's so, it is a bit hard to tell but, it could be a PTO camo but, I am leaning toward something more recent like Vietnam. Bigger photo's would be helpful. Also, I am moving this to the helmet section where it will get more viewing by the right people.

Yankee Trader Relics

I forwarded you additional pictures and in larger size. I assume you received them. Let me know if you did not get them. Thank you.

I have a ARVN helmet with the same type camo scheme and colors. Not saying your's is ARVN but something to consider.

Larry

Yankee Trader Relics

Larry,

Thank you. My first reaction when I bought this helmet over a year ago was ARVN pattern. Maybe we are onto something.

Thanks,

Mark

Yankee Trader Relics

Thanks for all the comments on the captain bars. I think US advisor to an ARVN unit makes sense. We all seem to be headed down the Vietnam road regarding the pattern. Any other comments out there with respect to anything else?

it could even be a helmet worn by a Vietnam War era USN patrol boat officer? Riverine Forces , they are often see in photos using helmets without helmet covers, the navy seemed to wear them without covers more than others.

post-1885-0-03320900-1493224943_thumb.jpg

Wow all of your eyes must be better than mine. Lots of speculation going on for a helmet I can barely see with the small poorly lit pics.

Yankee Trader Relics

jkash23686: Unfortunately the forum limits the size of the photos. I wanted to get as many on within the limit. Send me your email address. Others have already done so. I will be happy to forward larger photos. I have also taken photos with a flash. My email address is [email protected]. Maybe this will help you see the helmet camo pattern better.

BOLO - thank you for the input.

jkash23686: Unfortunately the forum limits the size of the photos. I wanted to get as many on within the limit. Send me your email address. Others have already done so. I will be happy to forward larger photos. I have also taken photos with a flash. My email address is <script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript">/* */</script> Maybe this will help you see the helmet camo pattern better.

BOLO - thank you for the input.

Well aware of the limitations but there are several resizers out there to be able to post images at better resolution, theres one in the photo section of this site.

post-22057-0-99084000-1493227503_thumb.jpg

Yankee Trader Relics

Thanks for the information regarding resizing. I resized my photos based on the 251K limit. I did this so I could show more than one photo of the helmet. What is the size of the picture of the helmet you posted? Great image.

Yankee Trader Relics

BOLO,

The Administrator has pointed me to a resizing tool created by another member for the forum. Is this what you are using to create the larger photos?

Here is the link. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

http://www.usmilitar...y-for-the-usmf/

Thanks again for sharing the larger photos.

BOLO,

The Administrator has pointed me to a resizing tool created by another member for the forum. Is this what you are using to create the larger photos?

Here is the link. http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/229816-custom-resize-tool-exclusively-for-the-usmf/

http://www.usmilitar...y-for-the-usmf/

Thanks again for sharing the larger photos.

Ive been using this on the internet

http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

post-1885-0-20543500-1493257278.jpg

Yankee Trader Relics

I tried the forum resizer last night. Works great. Thanks for the additional internet resizer link. I'll give that a try later today.