Army Air Force Brig General

Earl

I believe this photo taken in North Africa 1943. Does anyone know who this Army Air Force Brig General is and what is the badge he is wearing? It has had me puzzled for quite awhile. Also trying to identify the British Officer. I think the badge is from the 3rd Algerian Spahis Recon Badge but do not see a connection between them and a AAF General.

Thanks,

Earl

post-476-1224296894.jpg

This wiki squib may be of service to you (vis a vis the Algerian Spahis & AAF):

"The same troops landed with American troops in the south of France on 15th August 1944 (25th Shaban 1363), while the main German occupying force was engaged in Normandy. After advancing through France, the southern invasion force became involved in terrible winter fighting against the German armies which had assembled to defend the approaches to the Reich in the Vosges mountains and in Alsace in north-eastern France from December 1944..."

Link:

http://muslimwiki.com/mw/index.php/Muslims_in_World_War_II

I suspect the general was made an honorary member of the Spahi regiment at some point in recognition of allied unity.

It probably doesn't show in his bio though.

G

FightenIrish35
That Guy on the right looks like Steven Spielberg. Maybe it's a publicity shot from Saving Private Ryan, LOL!

Oh my god,it does look like steven speelberg haha

It seems fairly obvious that the man on the right is a British general officer. He's got what look to be the red GO tabs with the laurels in the centre.

But, those ribbons look very long to me. Are we sure he isn't a member of the Free French Forces?

~TS