Odd ribbon set found in Seattle

Abilene10

A junk store find in Seattle from 20 years ago and am wondering if it is related to the Boeing war effort, transporting aircraft, or CAP. These appear to be the same size as the WW2 fat ribbons. The mounting bar is zinc plated clutch back

post-155320-0-43040600-1492993419_thumb.jpg

Im thinking CAP but I'm sure someone on here can ID them for you! Interesting finds, some of those early CAP ribbons are hard to find!

Cool ribbon. Not CAP.

Only CAP mostly white ribbons were for cadets and post war.

I like the Boeing idea, especially since it was found in Seattle. That sure looks like a B-29 and I'm wondering if the red base is either representing the ground or over water.

Then, as such, this could be something representing a test flight or hours related to the aircraft -- given the stars?

Did you consider contacting the Boeing Public Affairs Office? Wonder if they have a historian?

I'll second the Boeing idea, similar to a sweetheart pin. Checked Nick Sniders, " Sweetheart Jewelry and Collectibles", close but no cigar.

• 2 weeks later...
Abilene10

This is Boeing employee merit ribbon awarded quarterly for attendance at 96.5% or better, given out quarterly at the Seattle and Renton plants.

The aircraft portrayed is the B-29. The program was announced in Boeing News newsletter, May 3, 1945. Note that V-J day was August 15,1945, so these awards were not given out for very long.

The silver stars were issue for successive quarter of good attendance, and gold stars for perfect attendance. It appears one of the stars shows gold in the un-worn areas between the points.

I will attach the newsletter scan soon.

Abilene10

Sent to me by the Being corporate historian,via the curator at the Museum of Flight.

post-155320-0-54108600-1494050780_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 years later...