$10 and $100 bills

what's the meaning of these stamps on the back?

attachicon.gifSAM_2034a.jpg

Looking closer at the bills, it refers to paying "interest of 2 cents per day". I think what you have is some sort of bond certificates rather than straight out currency.

Capt.Confederacy

Judging by the signatures, the notes look legit. However, as has been said, condition is everything with paper currency, and these aren't worth much compared to notes that are in great shape.

Judging by the signatures, the notes look legit. However, as has been said, condition is everything with paper currency, and these aren't worth much compared to notes that are in great shape.

Would you be able to give a price range for these bills?

Thanks

Capt.Confederacy

Would you be able to give a price range for these bills?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I've been out of the Civil War collecting loop for a while (fakes have gotten too good and most real pieces have gotten out of my price range), so I'm not able to give you a good price range. I'd check with ebay and some currency dealer websites to get a ballpark figure as to value.

I gave you a range i'd personally pay 20$ or as cheap as you can get away with-but you gotta kinda do your own research and say what to yourself 'what do i really want to pay for taped up banknotes' my advice stands my friend, don't pay alot and i also gave you Pierre's ebay sales- lowest to highest so you can make your own best judgment call-so do like someone here researching a military item. :) find out if the serial numbers are ok, if the paper is ok and make sure its not a contemporary of newer counterfeit and I wouldn't pay much more than what I have been telling you :) best I can give you for a range- little to not much.

I gave you a range i'd personally pay 20$ or as cheap as you can get away with-but you gotta kinda do your own research and say what to yourself 'what do i really want to pay for taped up banknotes' my advice stands my friend, don't pay alot and i also gave you Pierre's ebay sales- lowest to highest so you can make your own best judgment call-so do like someone here researching a military item. :) find out if the serial numbers are ok, if the paper is ok and make sure its not a contemporary of newer counterfeit and I wouldn't pay much more than what I have been telling you :) best I can give you for a range- little to not much.

Thanks