footlocker eye candy

phantomfixer

phantomfixer

A run of the mill plywood footlocker with wooden handles..was used as a shipping crate from Ft Meade to another Ft..

Top is painted with the shipping addresses etc...but before it was a shipping crate...looks to have been a basic training footlocker

Never seen this sticker before in a footlocker...wondering if the numbers on the upper right are a date code..

post-155518-0-48388200-1492912279.jpg

post-155518-0-42549600-1492912286.jpg

Could be just an individual unit SOP that was required to be placed in locker, is there a date on the underside of lid? At any rate with what looks like an M45 pack on the foot of the bunk and the mention of "Fatiques" will date it from that time, more likely late 40s-early 50 to early 60s.

phantomfixer

No date of manufacture as the sticker is covering it up...but here is the nice mustard OD ...and wondering if the 199 other lockers made it to the records center...

post-155518-0-06997700-1492987917_thumb.jpg

post-155518-0-99806000-1492987924_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
eaglerunner88

I have a footlocker dated 1951 with the remnants of that same sticker so I agree on the date range.

phantomfixer

Dig it Thanks RC...

since the original post...the big glob of whatever (glue?) in the corner has been removed from the outer lid...generally cleaning it up...I am going out on a limb and saying there is no real historical significance to the shipping info...1 of 99 crates...one one side there was an old piece of tape with "Kathy's Junk" on it...well that is gone too...

will post pics when complete