My $3 garage sale find.

USdog

Found this at a garage sale today for $3! Looks like it's a WWII instrument clock made by Hamilton. After looking it up, it appears to have been used on the F4U-Corsair?

Any idea how to check if it runs?Posted ImagePosted Image

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Battling Bastard

Nice find. Find a coin or screw driver that will fit the slot. that could be the battery slot.

Battling Bastard

Sorry, I got excited :D, that slot is not for battery it is for rate regulating setting. This is an 8 day winding clock. Pull and wind

As with any vintage mechanical watch movement, make sure you get it overhauled and lubricated by your local watchmaker or clockmaker. Even if it runs they have enough torque to run even when the oil has gone dry and it just wears the pivots (axles) down until they get so thin they finally snap off.

As with any vintage mechanical watch movement, make sure you get it overhauled and lubricated by your local watchmaker or clockmaker. Even if it runs they have enough torque to run even when the oil has gone dry and it just wears the pivots (axles) down until they get so thin they finally snap off.

Yeah. It wasn't working anyways. I took it to a watch guy I know well to get it working.

Here is what it will look like from the backside of the movement.

I really enjoy the "look" of precision componentry that went into high-quality goods before the digital era.

I really enjoy the "look" of precision componentry that went into high-quality goods before the digital era.

+1

• 3 weeks later...

I had one of those many years back. Mine came from one of the F6Fs that were used as drones. This was late 50's early 60's