White U.S. Air Force Duffel Bag

bryang

It was starting to rain at today's flea market, and I was trying to keep both of my granddaughters from climbing out of the wagon I was pulling. I had bought a couple items and really needed a bag or nap sack to put them in.

I saw this at a stall and was interested from the stand point that it's the first time I'd seen a white duffle bag.

It appears to be old enough to have a serial number, rather than the social security number.

Any opinions/comments welcome.

Thanks -

Bryan

post-152877-0-40547700-1492831432_thumb.jpg

post-152877-0-07368800-1492831436_thumb.jpg

phantomfixer

Nice cleanly marked bag...hardware looks to be in good shape....and dig the two tone look with the OD webbing and white stitching...

I have a white duffel from a USAF vet.... the vet listed all his bases throughout his career in the USAF...they started around the mid 50s...the USAF also used a blue duffel bag...not sure of that time period, but must be post 1947..

I do not think the blue or the white lasted too long...the AF was growing and trying to separate from the Army...so there was some uniform changes, color changes to gear etc up until the early 60s..generally speaking

• 6 years later...

I started another topic on this with photos of item, the White Air Force Duffel Bag 1951 Dated, it's been deleted and nobody knows why.

So lets add the images again here.

white bag.PNG

white bagg.PNG

whitee.PNG

RustyCanteen

Nice examples. Somewhere I had a few of the white ones, and at least one of the blue ones. 

RC

And here's one in actual issuance and use.

A Trainee at Sampson Air Base  New York, that former WWII Navy installation that was briefly continued as a Air Force Base, specifically to give Basic Training for the Air Force because of the Korean War, base in operation from 1951-56.

white.PNG