USMC grunt Vietnam

Justin

Hello, after looking at my new Vietnam grunt display and my old one, I notice my old was was *!POOP!* so I retake some pics for my second one, Only thing Missing is a m61 belt, that I should be getting by trade from other Forum Member. and the vest is a 3rd patt. I will be looking for a second,

Vietnam Rifle men

post-2305-1224279115.jpg

Web gear : USMC suspenders, belt, 6 m14 ammo pouches. 1 ww2 style 1st aid kit, bayonet (would like to replace with ka-bar) Jungle F/A kit, and 2 Vietnam dated wire hanger canteens. bandoleer filled with ammo.

Helmet with black inner tube band

3rd patt jungle shirt

Vest, 3rd patt, with bayonet handing off it.

Haversack, with rain poncho, e-tool, 1st aid kit. Or ARVN with e-tool.

I also picked up a Machete and Sheath dated 66, I will be adding to the ruck, or hang off the Vest, will take updated pics when I get it in hand.

That's all for now! :rolleyes:

Awesome!!!!...love that first pic.....your display and photo skills are evolving nicely.....good to see a backdrop....very professional!.... thumbsup.gif .........mike

Good job Justin!

It looks like you spent a lot of hours and work in your USMC display thumbsup.gif

Very nice!

Just try to get a M-1961 Rifle Belt for yous USMC displays

Cheers

MF

Awesome!!!!...love that first pic.....your display and photo skills are evolving nicely.....good to see a backdrop....very professional!.... thumbsup.gif .........mike

Thanks Mike!

nguoi tien su

It looks nice Justin. Once again you are a 1st aid pocket lover!!! (the WWII would be, I think, more typical in green).

I would also change the belt for a USMC type.

But it looks great.

Do you have photos with WWII shovel ?

Cheers.

NTS

Once again you are a 1st aid pocket lover!!! (the WWII would be, I think, more typical in green).

I would also change the belt for a USMC type.

Do you have photos with WWII shovel ?

Both of the 1st aid pouches are in green....and 2 of them is not unlikely. Since one is on the pack. and one is on the webgear

and I wrote "Only thing Missing is a m61 belt, that I should be getting by trade from other Forum Member."

"Do you have photos with WWII shovel?"...what?

"(the WWII would be, I think, more typical in green)."

Again ever thing in my display is OD green, I don't know where you see kakie.

But it the pic from Rob, Notice that haversack is a 1942 model and is kakie. also it's clearly reused, surplus from ww2.

nguoi tien su

I do see your 1st aid kits kakie... Maybe my eyes, maybe your photo? The flash (or light) does not help. You have 2 WWII type fist aid plus the belt model. In my opinion that is a little too much. Do it your way. But don't ask for comments if you just want the congrats.

Anyway yes, USMC used and reused items. Captain of the 7th, thanks for the photo. Both interesting AND unusual! The showel itself is not WWII by the way.

Justin, for me the ruck is sunwashed, the top is more greenish. I have an ARVN ruck with the same type of discoloration.

Sorry for the M61 belt, I looked more at your photos than what is written. My mistake.

A little bit nervous at 17.... :huh: