Vietnam war era Japnese made USMC/USN aviation patches

Mitch

Hi guys,

I have not posted for awhile. I purchased a mixed bag of patches at the SOS and e-bay a few months ago and Im just getting around to showing them. All 4 are Japanese made. Any questions let me know. Comments welcome.

Regards, Mitch

post-592-0-98343700-1492819409.jpg

My great looking patches. The 312 looks USA made to me. The Order of the Mule, VF-142 is really cool.

Hi FF,

You may be right on the 312. I get a little fuzzy on these made in this time frame. To me it was shiny , real fine mesh to the back and the back is covered with the stiffener I have seen on Japanese made patches. I'm always learning and welcome comments.

Regards, Mitch

post-592-0-37897800-1493063307.jpg

post-592-0-58441500-1493063329.jpg

Thanks RP, and Fly USMC for the comments

firefighter

Hi FF,You may be right on the 312. I get a little fuzzy on these made in this time frame. To me it was shiny , real fine mesh to the back and the back is covered with the stiffener I have seen on Japanese made patches. I'm always learning and welcome comments.Regards, Mitchattachicon.gifP1100429.JPGattachicon.gifP1100430.JPGThanks RP, and Fly USMC for the comments

Hi Mitch

My vote is U.S. made, but I've been wrong before. Either way, a great patch. If you've never seen the movie 'The Great Santini' you should check it out. Robert Duval becomes the COmof the 312.

Hi FF,

I am tending to agree with you.US made. Probably made mid 60's . I will check out the movie. I think I saw it awhile ago. Thanks again.

Regards, Mitch