B-24/ B-29 Pilot seat

mark leonard

Very nice find! Looks like a original WW2 seat that was repainted, and refitted for use post WW2. I have a untouched WW2 B-24 pilots seat that was found in the AZ desert. I notice a few slight differences. Are there any part numbers or mfg plates on the chair?

JD

mark leonard

Very nice find! Looks like a original WW2 seat that was repainted, and refitted for use post WW2. I have a untouched WW2 B-24 pilots seat that was found in the AZ desert. I notice a few slight differences. Are there any part numbers or mfg plates on the chair?

JD

JD Thank you for the comments and info. I see two things that are different than the photos you posted ,no General Fire Proofing tag and no vertical plate above it . I don't see anything on the seat that makes me think it was repainted, looking at the paint chips all I see is primer under the paint .No data plates , just the three numbers on the cushions and head rest and one metal numbered strip wired on the back. My camera is showing the color way off, the cushions are green and head rest is darker green. I will post more photos. Thanks , Mark

post-6643-0-88052700-1492709086_thumb.jpg